Apr 15, 2018 – Apr 16, 2018 | Abidjan
Catalysts Dief Reagen Nochi Faha, Tafadzwa Maramura, and Idrissa Ouedraogo will hold a training on transparency, reproducibility, and open science research at Félix Houphouët-Boigny University in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The two-day training aims to contribute to BITSS’s mission to improve understanding of barriers to reproducibility and build evidence for solutions for increased transparency. It also aims at training the next generation of young Ivorian social scientists on tools and practices to enhance the transparency, reproducibility, and openness of their research.
The following aspect will be covered:
- Emerging issues in the practice of empirical social science
- Ethics in experimental research
- False-positives, p-hacking, p-curve, power analysis
- Theory and implementation of pre-analysis Plans
- Disclosure & transparent reporting
- Registration & data-sharing with OSF and Dataverse
- Approaches to the replication of research
- Dynamic documents using Stata and R
The training is designed for researchers from across the social sciences, with particular emphasis on economics, political science, and psychology. Ideal candidates include PhD and Masters students, postdocs and junior faculty. Diversity in terms of background and academic discipline is encouraged. Participation to the event is free, but rather competitive.