Intern: Summer 2018
BITSS seeks a motivated intern to support fundraising and communications activities. This is an opportunity for a graduate student or third or fourth year undergraduate to work part time (10-20 hours per week) or full-time for the 2018 Summer semester (mid-July to September). CEGA is able to offer a small stipend for this position.
July 13, 2018, 11:59 pm PST
- Support BITSS fundraising activities by researching donors and funding opportunities.
- Create and maintain a database of contacts and support outreach efforts for BITSS’s new service provision program.
- Draft project descriptions of BITSS funded studies to post on the CEGA and BITSS websites.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the BITSS website and social media.
- Support other CEGA teams as needed.
- Graduate Student or third- or fourth-year undergarduate student studying social science, public policy, journalism, graphic design, or other relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well-organized and outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-directed and intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-anticipation and problem-solving; ability to independently investigate solutions to challenges and anticipate leadership needs.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Experience or knowledge with social science research methods or meta-science.
- Knowledge of donor and fundraising ecosystem for social science research and programming.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Experience with website design or maintenance.
- Sense of humor with a positive attitude in approaching challenges and uncertainty.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the Subject “BITSS Intern – Summer 2018”.