Apr 17, 2018 | Bogotá
BITSS and la Facultad de Economía de Los Andes University have partnered to deliver a series of activities on research transparency that caters to the needs of the research community involved in conducting high-quality research in Colombia. The activities are small, yet significant steps to i) generate awareness among users and contributors of the science research and ii) to provide a platform to share tools and resources that assist in improving transparency in research, within the community of practitioners and academicians.
Two activities will take place: an expository seminar and a hands-on workshop.
- Improve understanding of the importance of research transparency in order to motivate the need for transparency and replicability in social science research. In the interest of achieving wider reach, the audience will include institutions and associated stakeholders, practicing and/or commissioning research in Colombia.
- Facilitate transparency in research. This workshop provides an opportunity for greater collaboration in using tools and systems that can increase transparency and integrity of research, such as version control and dynamic documents.
Target Audience for the Seminar:
- Researchers – Assistant/Associate professors and professors affiliated with research institutions at Los Andes University
- Research staff from other institutions
- Students – Graduate or Senior Undergraduates
Target Audience for the Workshop:
- Participants will have significant experience with statistical programming packages such as R or Stata, though those who use other packages may benefit as well.