Intern: Short-term project
BITSS seeks a motivated student intern to work closely with the BITSS team, supporting communications and fundraising activities. This is an opportunity for a graduate student or third- or fourth-year undergraduate to work part-time (10-20 hours per week) for the duration of the 2018 Spring semester (mid-February to May). CEGA is able to offer a small stipend for this position.
February 16, 2018, 11:59 pm PST or until position is filled
- Support BITSS fundraising activities by researching donors and opportunities.
- Support BITSS team in creating and implementing a Standard Operating Procedure or plan for strategic communications.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the BITSS website and social media. This may include reorganizing the BITSS Resource Library and creating a library of relevant literature.
- Lead the design and drafting of communication materials (fliers, infographics, event materials, etc.).
- Draft project descriptions of BITSS funded studies to post on the CEGA and BITSS websites.
- Present work at an internal staff learning lunch.
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student studying social science, public policy, journalism, graphic design, or other relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Design skills and knowledge of relevant tools and software (e.g., WordPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Extremely well organized and outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-directed and intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-anticipation and problem-solving; ability to independently investigate solutions to challenges and anticipate leadership needs.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Experience or knowledge with social science research methods.
- Knowledge of donor and fundraising ecosystem for social science research and programming.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Experience with website design or maintenance.
- Sense of humor with a positive attitude in approaching challenges and uncertainty.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “BITSS Intern – Spring 2018”. Please include any relevant communications writing samples such as blog posts, and/or design materials.