Intern: Short-term project
BITSS seeks a motivated student intern to work closely with the BITSS team to improve the navigability and intuitiveness of its website (BITSS.org). This is an opportunity for a graduate student or third or fourth year undergraduate to work on a short-term project (1-2 months) during the 2018 Spring semester. BITSS is able to offer a small stipend for this position.
February 16, 2018 11:59 pm PST or until position filled
- Reorganize BITSS website (BITSS.org) so that it is more intuitive to navigate, user-friendly, and engaging, making various small fixes in backend code. This may include making the website mobile device-friendly.
- Advise BITSS on website security protocols and best practices. This may include creating automated mechanisms for website backup and updating.
- Present on project at a CEGA staff meeting.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student studying Computer Science, Web Design, or other relevant field.
- Website CSS programming.
- Experience with website security, managing underlying SQL database, SSH/SFTP, and ability to reliably backup website data.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently.
- Sense of humor with a positive attitude in approaching challenges and uncertainty.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to BITSS Snr. Program Associate Katie Hoeberling at email@example.com with the subject “BITSS Intern – Spring 2018”. Please detail any previous experience with website development, design, or security.